Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this salad with Flounder Fillets in Shrimp Sauce, Stir fried Broccoli, Twice Baked Potatoes and for dessert Creamy Vanilla Pudding for two.
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) cansliced beets, drained
- 1⁄4 cup commercial Italian dressing
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 spinach leaves, shredded
- fresh spinach leaves
- 1 egg yolk, hard-cooked and sieved
- Combine beets and dressing; marinate at least 2 hours. Drain. Add next 3 ingredients, and toss gently. Arrange beet mixture on spinach leaves; sprinkle with egg yolk. Yield: 2 servings.
- Southern Living.