1/2 Photos of Spinach Beef Spaghetti Pie
From the October/November 2001 issue of Taste of Home, this was a 2nd place winner, credited to Carol Hicks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) jar meatless sauce
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2Add eggs and Parmesan cheese.
- 3Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 6Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9Between two pieces of waxed paper, roll out cream cheese into a 7 inch circle.
- 10Place in the crust.
- 11Top with spinach and meat sauce.
- 12Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until set.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Beef Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.8
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 175.7 mg
- Sodium 369.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: