Recipe by Amber of AZ
This was one of my first successful cooking experiences. It came from the April/May 1999 issue of Taste of Home. This is a recipe you will want to make over and over again.
Top Review by sarahcannon2003
Tasty and easy, my two favorite words for a recipe! I used Grands Honey Butter biscuits, and the sweetness was a nice complement to the beef mixture. I used fresh mushrooms (more than the recipe called for) but was otherwise true to the recipe. Will definitely make again!
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 ounces crumbled feta or 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Press and flatten biscuints onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink, drain.
- In a bowl, beat eggs.
- Add spinach and mushrooms; mix well.
- Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder, salt, pepper,and beef mixture; mix well.
- Spoon into prepared crust.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered, at 375 F for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.