Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was one of my first successful cooking experiences. It came from the April/May 1999 issue of Taste of Home. This is a recipe you will want to make over and over again.
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 ounces crumbled feta or 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Press and flatten biscuints onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink, drain.
- In a bowl, beat eggs.
- Add spinach and mushrooms; mix well.
- Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder, salt, pepper,and beef mixture; mix well.
- Spoon into prepared crust.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered, at 375 F for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Tasty and easy, my two favorite words for a recipe! I used Grands Honey Butter biscuits, and the sweetness was a nice complement to the beef mixture. I used fresh mushrooms (more than the recipe called for) but was otherwise true to the recipe. Will definitely make again!
This was good, we'll definitely make it again.
Something went very wrong. Biscuit never cooked despite 15 extra minutes. Big, soggy, tasteless mess.