Recipe by Baby Chevelle
The is a great soup for a cold winter day. Very comforting and not your usual fare. It is delicious, easy to make, and very satisfying. This comes from Light and Tasty. About 5pts I'm guessing for Weight Watchers.
Top Review by Doing it Right
OMG what a hit this was with my soup club. I did accudentally grab tomato sauce instead of puree. I seeded my jalapeno and I left out the tabasco for the sake of the weak at heart. I got asked many many times for this recipe. Thank you for sharing it.
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml water
- 425.24 g can tomato puree
- 411.06 g can chicken broth or 411.06 g can vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1182.95 ml fresh spinach, torn and packed
- 453.59 g can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 354.88 ml small penne pasta, cooked
- 2.46-4.92 ml hot pepper sauce
- 39.43 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the water, tomato puree, broth, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach, beans, cooked pasta and hot pepper sauce.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.