We like bean burgers and I decided to do these to try to incorporate more spinach into my kids food without completely hiding it so that they will try to accept it more easily in dishes that it doesnt hide well in.
- Add navy beans, lentils, breadcrumbs, minced onion, garlic powder, and eggs to food processor. Process 1 minute or until thoroughly mixed.
- Removed from food processor into large bowl and mix the spinach in with a large spoon, or with your hands. If you have some who don't like spicy food, go ahead and shape a couple burgers now. Then add red pepper flake and mix thoroughly.
- Add oil to large fry pan and preheat. While heating pan, shape mix into burgers. These do not shrink like ground beef, so make them the size you would like the finished result to be.
- Fry 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite hamburger toppings.
Quick, easy, and full of good stuff! Unfortunately, I couldn't taste it because of a cold, so my rating is based on my family's review.