Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip is so popular. I got this recipe from a friend after tasting it at her house one day. We ate it till we popped.
- 1 large vienna bread
- 1 (450 g) packet frozen spinach (thaw and drain)
- 1 (500 ml) container light sour cream
- 6 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 can water chestnut, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 packet spring vegetable soup mix
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Put all ingredients except bread into a large bowl and mix through.
- Cut the top off the vienna loaf and hollow out the centre of the bread.
- Fill the hollowed out loaf with the spinach mixture.
- Serve with slices of continental bread. When the continental bread is finished, then use the vienna casing.
- Spinach recipe is best made the day before, but do not fill bread case the day before use, or it will go soggy.