Recipe by Hey Jude
For such an easy soup to make, you're left with a flavorful addition to your meal....or make it a main course by serving with bread sticks and a salad. This is from the Naniboujou resort cookbook. Serves 6 to 8 as a side dish or 3-4 as a main course
Top Review by Michele of Eagan
This recipe it from the Naniboujou Lodge (Grand Marais, Minnesota) recipe book. I've been making it for years and it is very good, quick and easy. I prefer to use five (5) cups of chicken stock, but that's just personal preference.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream (I use 1/2 and 1/2 to lighten things up)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat and saute the onion until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, saute another minute or two; mix in the drained spinach, basil and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Heat and serve.