Recipe by Rita~
This I had years ago at Woodrow's Bar and Restaraunt. I wrote for the recipe and got it!! It's fabulous!! I've also made it with grilled chicken and served it on top for a Heartier Meal!! It's refreshing in the summer with fresh basil out of the garden.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This salad is so good, I added in a small amount of fresh garlic, salt and black pepper to the dressing, I love the taste of the pine nuts in this dressing and in the salad also, my DS who is very picky of what kind of salads he eats really enjoyed this salad, I served it with grilled steaks tonight, I will be making this again soon, great salad, thanks Rita!...Kitten
- 5 ounces toasted pine nuts, pureed
- 1 whole egg
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 ounce lemon juice
- 3 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 10 ounces olive oil
- 20 ounces spinach
- 96 basil leaves
- 4 ounces shaved aged provolone cheese or 4 ounces good parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing-Put pine nut in a food processor add whole egg,shallots, and lemon juice,Puree.
- Slowly add oil in a stream alternate with vinegar till all is incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad-- On 8 plates arrange 2 1/2 ounces of spinach leaves and 12 basil leaves.
- Divide dressing over the salads.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of cheese and 1 tablespoon of pine nuts.