Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty basil-spinach pesto, good on bruschetta, chicken, pasta, and more. It is from Relish magazine.
- 1 (9 ounce) bag spinach leaves, washed and trimmed (8 cups loosely packed)
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove (or more -to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine spinach, basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds.
- With the machine running, add olive oil. Process until mixture is creamy. This may need to be done in batches.
- Transfer to a glass bowl. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
Very tasty! I didn't really measure, just used a bunch of basil, most of a 10oz bag of spinach, the rest of my olive oil, etc. I did use 3 cloves of garlic since we love it. This will be perfect on the turkey paninis I am making today!
This is outstanding. I don't like pesto with alot of basil. This is a perfect combination. I did add a little onion also and fresh spinach from my garden. I used some in a cream sauce that I added to cooked potatoes and it was a huge hit. Thank you Joyce for the great reacipe. Karen