Recipe by Annacia
Photo may be seen (in Savor) at: www.annacia.com I love pasta salad's and this one was shared with me recently. It's simple, delicious and packs a decent amount of nutrition. I swapped out the spinach for green kale which I roughly cut across the leaves and it was delicious. I skipped the pine nuts on top as I didn't have any at that time.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces prosciutto, diced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat, once the water is boiling, stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil.
- Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12-15 minutes or to your liking them rinse with cold water to cool and drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Toss the spinach and basil together in a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the garlic in the hot oil for 1 minute; stir in the prosciutto and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, remove from heat.
- Add to the bowl with the spinach and basil mixture; toss to combine. Pour in the drained pasta and toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and pine nuts to serve.