Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect for St. Patrick's Day parties. Refrigerate or freeze, then pop in the oven and serve with this no-cook zippy sauce. They will disapear in a twinklin' of an eye!!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1 (5 ounce) piece parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Peppercorn Mustard sauce
- 1 teaspoon brine or 1 teaspoon water packed green peppercorn, drained and crushed
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients (except sauce) in alarge bowl and mix well.
- Shape into 1" balls, cover and refrigerate or freeze until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Place balls on an ungreased baking sheet and cook 10- 15 mins until golden brown, serve with mustard sauce.
- Mustard Sauce: Combine ingredients and chill.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups.
Made these for a birthday get together for one of my husbands friends and everyone loved it. I didn't have stuffing mix but a box of stove top which I used but had to use four eggs. I also added three cloves of finely chopped garlic and some numeg and dill. For the sauce I did not have the peppercorns so I used about 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper and added a little cayenne powder and sugar and it was delicious. Thanks for the recipe.