Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very handy to have in the freezer for the holidays - easy to make
Make and share this Spinach Balls (appetizer) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (6 ounce) packagechicken Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- salt, & pepper to taste
- Cook spinach according to instructions, drain in a sieve, use back of a wooden spoon to press the spinach against the sieve to get as much moisture as possible out In a bowl combine the spinach, stuffing mix,cheese, eggs, butter, salt& pepper Mix thoroughly& roll into small balls 3/4 to 1" size.
- Place on a cookie sheet& freeze.
- When frozen place in a plastic zip lock bag.
- To serve place frozen balls on a cookie sheet and bake at 350F 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned If you are doing them fresh or thawed only bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
These are so yummy! They have a strange appearance, due to the spinach, but once people try them they'll be gone! I make these for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner to serve as an appetizer.
fast, easy and tasty. Keeps fine in freezer, when guys come for cigar smoke, they toss 'em down fast.
Easy and delicious, frozen 1/3 of the recipe and had the spinach balls as a side dish with an Indian Curry. I did add a few dashes of chili sauce to the batch that I froze and it could take it with no problem!!