Recipe by Normaone
Another very easy and yummy side dish/first course, this can be put together in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake.
Top Review by Pesto lover
This was very, very good. I blanched the spinach in water instead of sauteing it in olive oil. I used the whole egg (well beaten)as a result of not reading the recipe properly. Even so, this turned out great. Thanks for sharing a really easy to make and tasty recipe.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated edam cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 ounces ready to use spinach, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350^F.
- Butter an 11x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and saute about 3 minutes, until wilted and juices evaporate.
- Drain well.
- Arrange spinach over the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese mixture and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler and broil spinach dish until the cheese is golden brown on top, watching closely so not to burn, about 2 minutes.