Top Review by Theresa P
I loved this!!! I have a few suggestions for making this though . I would first , mix the eggs ONE at a time , into the miracle whip light , until incorporated . Then add the milk a little at a time until the mixture is smooth . (Mine was a little gloppy because I did not do this). I also added a little fresh grated nutmeg to the spinach . A great dish for a brunch but , I made it for supper and served it with boiled new potatos and green beans . Very good !!!
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 cups bread, cubes
- 2 cups kraft shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup Miracle Whip light
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 350°.
- Brown sausage with onion and drain.
- Stir in spinach.
- Place bread cubes in a 13x9 baking pan.
- Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour combined eggs, milk, Miracle Whip and seasonings over cheese; cover.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Bake 1 hour.