Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from my grandmother's many vegetable "bakes." This recipe was found in a shoebox in my grandmother's house after she passed away. I think an 8 inch baking dish will work just fine.
- 3 boxes frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Turn into a greased flat casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until bubbly.
I've tried several variations of this recipe and this one is ,by far, the creamiest. I used no fat sour cream, and actually was tempted to use more than recommended, but I didn't. The cream cheese and sour cream were just enough to work well with the onion soup without the soup mix over-powering everything. I would recommend cooking it for less time, however. I think 20-25 minutes is plenty. Thanks, Aunt Willie, for sharing! Michelle