Recipe by Hey Jude
This is great party food.
Top Review by Ms B.
These were good, but not fabulous for us. The blend of flavors worked well, but the topping seemed dry on the bread. Perhaps a little cream cheese, sour cream, or something could be added to improve the consistency. Overall, they were OK on our Super Bowl snack buffet, but they weren't a real standout.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb Italian bread
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in oil.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- Add bacon and mozzarella; mix well.
- Slice bread horizontally in half.
- Spread about 2 1/4 cups spinach mixture on each half.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.
- Bake at 450° for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.