Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quick, easy and absolutely delicious. Even my 'meat, rice and potatoes' husband loves it.
- 15 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 package bacon, diced (approx 125gr)
- 1 pinch mixed herbs
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped and steamed
- 250 g ribbon noodles, cooked
- grated cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- 20 ml butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 250 ml hot milk
- 60 ml grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter and fy onion and garlic.
- Add bacon and.
- fry until just done.
- Add herbs, seasoning and spinach.
- Mix and remove from heat.
- Prepare cheese sauce as follows: Melt butter and add flour.
- Remove from heat and beat in milk gradually.
- Stir until thick and done.
- Add onion, spinach and bacon mix to sauce and heat.
- Remove from heat and add cheese.
- Stir until melted.
- Spoon pasta onto plates and top with sauce and garnish with cheese.
I used chicken instead of bacon. I've now decided bacon would probably have been a better choice as I found I had to add salt to get a good flavour. Overall it was good and I will try it again with the original recipe next time!
I think a lot of people will really like this. I think you could also add cooked mushrooms, chicken, shrimp, or scallops. I had to heat the sauce again on low after adding the milk to get it to thicken, but I might not have needed to if my milk had been hotter when I added it.