Recipe by Donnee
Taken from the BBC Good Food magazine. Easy to make and a lovely fresh lemon flavoured supper dish. Even nicer with homemade pasta.
Top Review by Becwil75
This is a gorgous recipe! I did add an onion and a few cloves of garlic when cooking the bacon which made it devine. I made a double batch last night and there is nothing left this morning :)
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 300 g dry pasta, such as parpadelle
- 4 slices streaky bacon, cut into strips
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 (225 g) bag Baby Spinach (remove thick stalks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whilst cooking the pasta, grate the lemon zest and mix with the lemon juice and olive oil and season.
- Fry the bacon (no oil should be necessary) until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts to the pan with bacon and stir until lightly toasted.
- Now drain the pasta and fold in the spinach allowing it to wilt in the heat.
- Then stir in the lemon dressing, bacon and nuts and seasoning to taste (drizzle with oil and sprinkle with pepper).