Recipe by JessHinkson
I commandeered this recipe from a colleague after tasting it at a work party. The spinach/bacon/avocado combination is absolutely divine and can be vaguely healthy if turkey bacon is used!
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
We liked everything about this salad except that the dressing was too salty for us. I still think the recipe is worthy of 5 stars...I will simply cut back on the salt next time to suit our tastes.
- 12 ounces Baby Spinach, rinsed and spun dry
- 10 slices bacon, grilled until crisp and chopped
- 3 avocados, peeled, halved, stoned, and chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 3 ounces pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced (optional)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed (it really makes a difference!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep spinach, bacon, avocado, and tomato/pine nuts/egg, if using. Place in a bowl, tossing together with two large spoons. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to a small bowl and beat together with a fork until thoroughly blended.
- Alternatively, place ingredients in capped jar and shake vigorously until well-blended.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to combine. Serve immediately after taking some for yourself, because this will go quick!