Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this when I wanted a healthy, protein filled lunch. Great on bread or just by itself. The amount of spinach is a guess as I usually just grab a large handful and chop it up. The avocado serves as the mayo of a traditional tuna salad. I smash it enough to bind the ingredients, but I like to have chunks of avocado in my salad. Sometimes I substitute mayo for the avocado if my avocado has gone bad. Servings are approximate as I usually eat the whole bowl....
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 pickle, chopped
- 1⁄2 large avocado
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- garlic salt
- 4 slices bread (optional)
- Mix together first 5 ingredients.
- Season with garlic salt to taste.
- Serve on bread, or eat it straight out of the bowl.