Recipe by Mrs.Jack
Courtesy of Nigella Lawson. She also included smoked salmon which is a delighful addition to this salad. The dressing is really tart but compliments everything very well and the seeds add a great crunch. You can also use lettuce leaves as a substitute. (If the dressing is too tart for your taste, feel free to add a little sugar or honey.) Enjoy!!!
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and ready to use
- 1⁄2 cup green pumpkin seeds
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices smoked salmon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the spinach leaves and pumpkin seeds into a large salad bowl.
- Halve the avocados and then remove the stones. Spoon out the flesh over the salad leaves and pumpkin seeds.
- Mix the olive oil, lime juice, and zest in a small bowl. Add the salt and whisk to emulsify.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and then gently toss everything together using your hands. Take care not to mush the avocado pieces.
- Serve this salad immediately as the spinach leaves are very delicate.
- If you are using the smoked salmon, add 1 slice per serving-drizzle with a little lime juice and top with a little cracked black pepper.