Recipe by Tebo
Nice starter for a good meal. Can serve on a lettuce lined plate or in a wine glass.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
This is a winner, and oh so great! I had all the items on hand, and have enjoyed this immensely with the brightness of the fresh orange, the slice of the green onions, the cuke, the avocado, absolutely breathtaking presentation too. I used regular orange slices, instead of mandarin oranges since I used the fresh orange juice in the dressing. Make sure you add a pinch of kosher salt before serving and it brings the taste right out! Made for *Bargain Basement* Tag Game - March 2010.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups spinach, torn into bite size pieces (or other greens)
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions