Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really enjoy this salad; I think it has a lovely balance of sweetness and bitterness, softness and crunch - and the colours are lovely too. This will make four side salads, or two meal salads.
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 4 -6 leaves radicchio
- 8 -12 small red radishes
- 1 small ripe mango
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 valencia orange, juice of
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil or 3 tablespoons almond oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- Wash, pick over and dry the spinach.
- Wash, dry and tear up the radicchio.
- Wash and slice the radishes.
- Peel and slice the mango and avocado.
- (Actually it is easiest to cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and lift out'slices' with a flattish spoon.) Mix the spinach, radicchio, sliced radishes, peeled and sliced avocado, and peeled and sliced mango.
- Whisk together, or shake in a jar, the orange juice, mustard, salt, pepper and oil.
- Toss gently into the salad.
The perfect salad...it has everything a good salad should have. It's gorgeous, delicious, healthful and interesting. VERY easily made.
Beautiful color combinations and a fresh, fruity flavor. The simple dressing featuring orange juice and dijon mustard was a nice, subtle compliment to the fruit. The zingy radishes added a nice crunch and a good balance. Lovely for a dinner party of luncheon. Thanks!
Very nice salad -- the mango and radishes go so well together. Didn't have almond or hazelnut oil, so used EVOO. Also added toasted sliced almonds which added a nice crunch.