Recipe by hollyfrolly
A yummy recipe from Moosewood's Lowfat Favorites. Surprisingly fresh and delicious!
- 5 ounces spinach, fresh
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, seeded, sectioned
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled and cut into 1 inch segments
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and stem the spinach. Pat dry or spin to remove all moisture.
- Tear the leaves into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic and oil- add the spinach and toss. -Set aside at this point.
- In a small bowl, very carefully mix together the grapefruit and the avocado and add them to the spinach.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss lightly and enjoy!