Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Origin of this recipe unknown.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (burrito-size)
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, coarselychopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Thaw spinach in a microwave or place it in a fine mesh strainer and run hot water over it. Squeeze dry.
- Combine avocado, lime juice and salt in a bowl and mash together with the back of a fork.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, spread a thin layer of avocado over half.
- Top spread with 1/4 each of jalapeño, spinach, cheese and cilantro.
- Fold other half of tortilla over filling.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add a quesadilla and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until it is browned lightly and cheese is melted.