Recipe by Theresa P
I found this recipe in an old cook book of mine. Even though I have not made this, I can't wait to try it! I like both Roquefort and spinach and I bet they go great together!
Top Review by Ratalouille
Alas ... this recipe did not work out for me at all :( It's probably my own fault. I'm not exactly sure what texture this was suppose to be or what to serve with it. As soon as I added the cream to the flour/butter mixture, it clumped. I kept stirring, hoping it would get better and it did, until I added the cheese...it clumped again. I tried to make due by toasting it on some french bread, but it was too far gone. The recipe sounds so delicious and I love Roquefort cheese, I'd better practice up on my "roux making" skills. Sorry :(
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup firmly-packed Roquefort cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze spinach dry.
- In saucepan melt butter; saute garlic but DO NOT BURN.
- Stir in flour and cook for a minute or two.
- Gradually stir in cream.
- Add Roquefort and stir over low heat until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Stir in spinach and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer till bubbly and heated through.