Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
this can be a side dish or a meal, adapted from bon appetit
- 4 (1133.98 g) bag fresh spinach
- 22.18 ml butter
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced-white part only
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml grated swiss cheese
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
- preheat oven to 350.
- in a large non stick skillet, saute spinach in batches until wilted, remove to strainer and squeeze dry.
- melt butter and oil in a skillet.
- add leeks, shallot, garlic, cook until soft 5 minutes.
- remove from heat.
- in a large bowl whisk eggs and cream.
- whisk in cheeses, salt pepper, spinach and leek mixture.
- pour into a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- bake aprox 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
I got him to eat spinach without complaint, YAY! In fact he said it was "pretty good". I halved this recipe. I had to make some changes because I used the ricotta I earmarked for something else, woops. So I added some mozzarella, and then because the mix looked too dry, I added another egg and a slurp of cream. Baked it for 40 mins and it was great! Thank you, Chia. I am going to make this again.