Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe includes two of springs freshest ingredients. The recipe comes from Sunset Magazine.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, rinsed, ends trimmed, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed, trim if needed
- 8 ounces spinach leaves, rinsed or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- To toast walnuts: place in baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a 12- by 15-inch baking pan; Add asparagus, Sprinkle with salt, and mix to coat.
- Spread in a single layer and bake in a 400 degree oven, stirring often, until tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add spinach, strawberries, toasted walnuts, and cooled asparagus; Mix to coat.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
How can there be 10 positive reviews for this salad and not one person mention that the ingredients list does not mention spinach at all, yet in the directions it says to add it. How much?? Also, in the ingredients list it says 8 oz of swiss cheese, RINSED. WHAT??? THIS SALAD WAS A DISASTER for my Easter dinner. Even though I did not "rinse the swiss cheese" Perhaps the author can correct and clarify this recipe so I can see what it is really supposed to taste like.
Outstanding. Fixed it for my non-adventurous girlfriend, who immediately insisted I give her the recipe. Wonderful combination of flavors. beautiful on the plate. A winner.