Montana Heart Song's Note:
A creamy rich sauce served over rice or toast. Sprinkle with chopped spicy nuts if preferred. This can be served for lunch or dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 1/2 cups shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups whole pecans or 1 1/2 cups whole walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1Place spinach in a colandar and push down to squeeze water from the spinach.
- 2Put the spinach in a wide microwavable bowl and use fork to loosen and spread out.
- 3Add white wine.
- 4Cover. Cook at 70% power for 7 minutes. Set aside covered.
- 5In large saucepan add margarine and white flour. Wisk to mix until margarine and flour mixed.
- 6Slowly add milk while wisking and add salt.
- 7Wisk until it starts to thicken. Turn off heat and cover.
- 8In small saute pan add olive oil, cayenne pepper. Stir to mix.
- 9Add nuts and sugar and stir.
- 10Take off heat when nuts are coated and hot.
- 11Put nuts on chopping board and chop.
- 12Put in a small serving bowl to pass separately.
- 13Heat the cooked rice.
- 14Add cheese to sauce and stir in on low heat until the shredded cheese is melted and stirred into sauce.
- 15Uncover spinach and drain.
- 16Add to cream sauce and stir.
- 17Add white pepper if desired.
- 18Place the sauce in a tureen with serving spoon and pour over individual servings of hot rice or toast.
- 19Pass the nuts to sprinkle on top.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach & Asiago Cheese Wine Sauce over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.0
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 634.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: