Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 10 ounces spinach
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra-large mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry-curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Wash spinach and arugula in plenty of cold water to remove grit. Remove thick stems. Put into a large pot with the water still clinging to the leaves. Steam until wilted, about 3–5 minutes. Drain and cool. Squeeze out excess moisture and chop fine.
- Remove the stems from the mushroom caps. Place the caps, stem side up in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, sauté the onions in oil until soft. Finely chop the mushroom stems and adds to the pan with the onions. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Remove form the heat and stir in the spinach/arugula mixture, cottage cheese, parmesan, sill, soy sauce and pepper.
- Divide the mixture among the mushroom caps, mounding it. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.