Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I just watch Rachael make this and it looks easy and yummy! I can't wait to make it! Note: I have noted that the artichoke, spinach and pizza dough are 8 ounce sizes. Use whatever size you have available.
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted with extra water squeezed out (or use a can of artichoke hearts packed in water)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen spinach, defrosted with extra water squeezed out
- 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package pizza dough, such as Pillsbury
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, spinach, provolone, Asiago, lemon zest, thyme, garlic, salt and ground pepper.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto on a baking sheet with the long edge facing you. Be careful not to stretch it too much.
- Pour the filling into the middle of the dough, shaping it into a thick log running lengthwise down the center of the dough.
- Fold one edge of the pizza dough over the filling, then fold the other half over to seal the filling inside the dough. Turn the stuffed bread over on the sheet pan so the seam is on the bottom. Brush with EVOO and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
- Bake the stuffed bread until evenly golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Cool slightly before slicing.
An excellent recipe! I made my own dough and actually used 1.5lb of dough. Half a pound would not have been enough. Thanks for posting!
Yum! I made this last night. My husband & I couldn't get over how good this was and how hard it looked to make! I made a few changes...instead of using provolone I used mozzarella, instead of lemon zest I used about 1/4 tsp. of lemon juice, instead of fresh thyme I used 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme leaves & 4 cloves of garlic. This was absolutely heavenly! Thanks Ethan's Mom for posting this RR recipe!