Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is another wonderful recipe from The Enchanted Kitchen column of SageWoman Magazine. Potatoes are the quintessential earth element food and a perfect winter meal. This is a meal sized version of the wonderful dip we all know and love. A great pantry dinner if you use frozen spinach.
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 4 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Steam chopped spinach for 1 minute, drain well and place in a large mixng bowl.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the insides into the bowl with the spinach.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Mound the filling back into the potato shells and place them in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan and place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and hot.
I made this minus the water chestnuts cause DH doesn't like them.. YUMMY!!!! He is begging me to make them again as we speak.
Make this the main course! Delicious and filling. I froze a few for a later date!