Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This come from a Cuisine At Home Soups, Stews and Chilies book I picked up at Costco. I took this soup to a dinner at church and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I don't cook with wine so I just substituted with chicken broth and a splash of white wine vinegar but I left it in the recipe because I'm sure it's delicious for those of you who do.
- 1 cup leek, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Saute leeks and garlic in oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook until leeks are soft, about 2 min., then add chicken and artichokes.
- Saute 2 min., then stir in flour and cook for 1 minute
- Deglaze with wine and simmer until nearly evaported, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in broth, milk, and cream, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add the spinach and Parmesan, and stir until spinach wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Not only was it delicious but it was simple to make. In fact I am going to make it again tonight. I have given this recipe to my daughter and several friends.