Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
For RSC 11, this can be an appetizer, or lunch
Make and share this Spinach Artichoke Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 ounces canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sauté garlic and shallots in butter until softened, 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Add chopped artichokes, pine nuts, seasonings and remove from heat.
- Pour into a large bowl to cool.
- Add eggs, milk and cheeses, stirring to mix everything well.
- Add to pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until set.
Just right for the ingredients I wanted. Great tasting. Like the addition of the nutmeg.
Quite nice! We added sun dried tomatoes and pre baked the pie crust for ten minutes to avoid the typical soggy quiche crust. The cayenne and nutmeg sound like unusual choices for quiche spices, but both really added a nice but subtle kick. Love this recipe.
This was OK. It had a nice flavor, I realized I just wasnt crazy about the artichokes in it. It was very pretty coming out of the over.