Recipe by heather in Ont,
If you love artichoke and spinach you will love these little pizzas. The cream cheese gives it a nice creamy texture. You could make your pizza dough or use store bought and make a large pizza and just add a bit of garlic or garlic butter to suit your taste. I serve this with a garden salad, or you could serve it as an appetizer Source: Pillsbury Bake Off Booklet, recipe submitted by Heather Halonie/Webster, Wisconsin
- 4 ounces light cream cheese (softened from pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 (10 5/8 ounce) boxpillsbury refrigerated garlic breadsticks
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (do not use the parmesan you buy in a can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break up artichokes into small pieces and mix with cream cheese, sour cream, thawed spinach and artichoke hearts until blended.
- Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle.
- Spread garlic mixture from box evenly over dough.
- Separate dough into 10 breadsticks.
- Reroll each breadstick, coiling dough into a spiral shape with garlic mixture inside.
- Place 2 in apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Starting at center, press out each coil into 3 1/2 inch round (edges may curl slightly).
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of each round.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 17 to 22 minutes (depending on your oven) until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet and serve warm.