Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's spinach & artichoke dip meets mashed potatoes in heavenly harmony. You'll never want one without the other again!
- Cover potatoes in cold, salted water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, puree half of the artichoke hearts in a food processor. Set aside.
- Roughly chop remaining artichokes. Set aside.
- Defrost spinach. Thoroughly squeeze dry and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Drain potatoes. Return to the saucepan. Add the pureed artichokes, margarine, parmesan cheese, sour cream, milk, and garlic to the potatoes. Blend with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Fold in chopped artichokes and spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Great way to add some pizzazz to ordinary mashed potatoes. I made a few changes because I'm lazy, but I don't think they affected the outcome. I left the potatoes unpeeled, because It's a pain to peel baby potatoes. I also did not puree the artichokes because I did not want to get out the processor, so I just finely chopped the artichokes instead. Great side dish!
If you like spinach artichoke dip then this recipe is for you. The potatoes were medium size Yukon gold with skins left on. Yogurt was used in place of the sour cream and 2% milk for the milk. The potatoes and a portion of the artichoke hearts were mashed with a potato masher and then the remainder folded in with the spinach. The potatoes served as a base for Roman Stew during ZWT 7.
Fantastic! I also make this when I have left over dip and it comes out the same.