Recipe by Rita~
This Cheesy Lasagna is a great dish for for it can be made a day before to making hosting your dinner easier! Just add a crisp tossed salad and some crusty bread and olive oil for dipping it into. Use a glass pan because the artichokes will become discolored from metal ones.
Top Review by ambreen.tour
This is a pretty good recipe. Don't forget to add salt to it. The flavors are pretty nice...you definitely need to double the cheese though (extra cottage and mozzarella or some other form of white cheese).
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 14.78 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil (1 tablespoon dried)
- 255.14 g box frozen artichoke hearts, partially thawed (you can double these if you like)
- 283.49 g box frozen chopped spinach, partially thawed or
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml fresh Baby Spinach
- 236.59 ml chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml unbleached flour
- 473.18 ml light cream
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 0.59 ml grated nutmeg
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 44.37-59.16 ml seasoned dry bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the noodles for 10 to 12 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add the onions and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the wine and basil; bring to a boil.
- Add the artichokes, fresh or frozen spinach and peppers; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Set aside.
- In a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the flour; cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the cream and milk, Parmesan, and nutmeg; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the sauce boils and thickens.The cream sauce can be made in the microwave as well.
- Mix together mozzarella, ricotta, and egg in separate bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Coat a 9x13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick spray.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread 1/3 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Top with 4 of the noodles; spread with half of the artichoke mixture.
- Layer 1/3 of cheese mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the sauce over the artichoke mixture and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the bread crumbs.
- Repeating the layering.
- Top with the remaining 4 noodles.
- Spread with the remaining sauce, cheese and sprinkle with the remaining 1-2 tablespoon bread crumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.