Montana Heart Song's Note:
I conjured up this recipe using quick ingredients on hand. Nice to serve as a side dish or with soup or an appetizer. It fits!
My Private Note
per per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach or 1 cup frozen spinach, drained
- 1 cup chopped artichoke heart, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 beaten egg whites
- 4 slices round provolone cheese, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) can large refrigerated biscuits, grand size 8 -10 Biscuits or 16 biscuits, your choice homemade
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Stem fresh spinach and chop or thaw frozen chopped spinach.
- 2Press and drain.
- 3Place in measuring cup. Measure a full cup.
- 4Chop the artichoke hearts.
- 5Press and drain.
- 6Place in measuring cup. Measure a full cup.
- 7In medium bowl add spinach and artichoke hearts, salt, italian seasoning, basil and white pepper. Add egg whites and mix.
- 8Add provolone and parmesan cheese and mix.
- 9Cut each biscuit in half so you have 16 rounds or roll out & cut one inch thick rounds.
- 10Spray Pam into muffin tin.
- 11Preheat oven 400*.
- 12Pat each round in the tin so it is flat on the bottom and comes up on the sides.
- 13Prick the bottom of each with a fork.
- 14Put in the oven about 5 - 6 minutes until bottoms starts to cook.
- 15Take out and fill muffin cups with vegetable mixture 3/4 full.
- 16Return to oven and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 17Take out and top with shredded cheese.
- 18Return to over until melted and a little brown.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Artichoke Hearts in Mini Bread Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.1
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 1158.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: