Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 16 ounces nonfat cottage cheese or 16 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs or 2 egg substitute, equivalent to
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen no-salt-added chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion (green part only - about 6 medium)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen no-salt-added artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking oil spray.
- In a food processor or blender, process cottage cheese, egg substitute, 3 Tablespoons parmesan, lemon juice, pepper and nutmeg until smooth Squeeze moisture from spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese mixture, and green onions.
- Spread half in baking dish.
- Cut artichoke hearts in half and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a single layer on spinach misture.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons parmesan.
- Cover with remaining spinach mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
This is great! I substituted ricotta for cottage cheese, since that what I had on hand. I also seasoned with sweet basil and rosemary. What a different and awesome sidedish!
Great dish! Didn't have any frozen hearts, but did have a jar of marinated hearts. Loved the slight kick of tartness it added.