Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's the best spinach & artichoke dip recipe I've found. Tastes wonderful with homemade pita chips (recipe included). Guten Appetit!
- 1 package frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and drained
- 1 can green chili, chopped, drained
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can artichoke heart, diced fine
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Thaw and drain spinach.
- Be certain to get all the liquid out. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes, until top is golden brow n.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Serving Ideas : Delicious with pita chips.
- * Exported from MasterCook * Pita Chips Recipe By : Claudia Landis Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:30 Categories : Appetizers Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -------- ------------ -------------------------------- 1 package whole wheat pita bread -- cut into wedges olive oil or vegetable cooking spray seasoning (such as Mrs.
- Dash) Cut pitas into 8-12 wedges per slice. Place the pita wedges onto a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- If using olive oil, brush the pita wedges with olive oil, then sprinkle with seasoning.
- If using cooking spray, sprinkle the pita wedges with seasoning, then spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Pita chips may need to be turned half-way through in order to crisp on both sides.
This is the first recipe I ever made off Zaar going back to 2001, has become a family staple at ALL family dinners, games and other events, always doubled, disappears fast. If I don't make it everyone is disappointed, especially my Bro In Law. I add banana peppers (1/4 cup or more, up to you)& hot green chilies. Serve with Que Pasa chips or baguette sliced thin. Would give this as many stars as possible.
Sorry to say that this dip was just ok. I may try one of the many others listed but if I don't like that one I won't make this dip again