Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We had this at a potluck and it was so good we all asked for the recipe. It is so easy to make too. Just throw it all in the crock-pot while I get everything else ready for entertaining, serve with some bread and crackers and it is done. The slow cooker keeps it nice and warm so I serve it right from there.
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, Drained & Chopped
- 453.59 g frozen spinach, Thawed & Chopped (or 2 bunches of fresh spinach can be used)
- 453.59 g cream cheese, Cubbed (2 - 8oz bricks)
- 591.47 ml monterey jack cheese, Cubed (1 small Cheese brick)
- 591.47 ml mozzarella cheese, Cubed (1 small Cheese brick)
- 3 garlic cloves, Minced (add more garlic depending on how much you like)
- 1.23 ml black pepper (this can be adjusted to taste)
- Cube Cheese and add to Slow Cooker.
- Chop Artichoke Hearts and Spinach and add to Cheese.
- Place in a slow cooker on High setting.
- Add Garlic and Pepper.
- Heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Takes about 1-2 hours.
I was a bit leary about making spinach/artichoke dip in a slow cooker so I decided to make a test batch at home before taking it to a pot luck. This recipe turned out excellent! It was so simple to make, put it in the slow cooker and stir it once every half hour or so, delicious! I am making it again this week for the potluck!
This dish was really easy to make in the slow cooker. The different cheese combinations come together very well. I felt that this dish needed some additional spice or something to really bring out the flavor. Other artichoke/spinach dips that I have tried added sour cream or mayo to add a little tartness, as well as, parmesan cheese which adds a little bit of a salty taste. I will definitely make this dish again and just play with the seasoning a bit. Made for the Tailgate tag, September, 2011.
This is so easy and everyone at the potluck loved it the first time and asked for it again. It's expected at the work potlucks now!