Recipe by Deb Wolf
This creamy dip duplicates the flavors and textures of a favorite restaurants appetizer. But, since it starts with frozen creamed spinach and canned artichokes, you get it going in far less time.
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) can artichoke quarters in water, drained well (the smaller artichokes work best)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces low fat mozzarella, shredded
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded (please don't use the stuff in the green can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray a shallow oven safe glass or ceramic dish (quiche dish or pie plate) with spray release; set aside.
- Combine spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Add half of the mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheeses; mix well.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve with flatbread or matzo.