Recipe by pewpew1982
This dip is featured in Cooking Light's Sept 2007 issue. I wanted to post it in Zaar so I can reference it later without having to sift through a pile of magazines. Yum yum yum! Used baked tortilla chips to ensure you're snacking healthy. I'm not sure the nutrition counter will translate some of the ingredients properly because of their descriptions. Serving size 1/4 cup w/ 6 tortilla chips = 5g fat, 148 calories.
Top Review by Mt House mama
Wow, I was just coming to post this recipe. I found it on the cooking light forums and tried it. It's soooo yummy. I've added some red pepper flakes to spice it up. I had a large container of full fat sour cream so I just used that instead of buying more sour cream. I also cooked it in a crock pot for about 2 hours on high. I used a 1.5 quart pot, which is a small one and it's full. Stiring as needed. I am taking it to a potluck today and I am sure it's going to be all gone.
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, sour cream, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and next 6 ingredients (through spinach) in a large bowl.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spoon mixture in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.