Recipe by Little Mommy
My Italian boyfriend LOVES anything with artichokes, but they can be pricey out here in Kansas. He'll eat the marinated hearts straight out of the jar, but I prefer them "in something." After watching him devour some spinach artichoke dip I came up with this as a meal. Even my super picky daughter ate it up. I only used 2 chicken breasts to stretch the meat, but you could use more.
Top Review by Zewbiedoo
This was very good and different! All I had were regular canned artichokes, not marinated, so I added a bit of basil, salt and pepper to try to compensate. The only suggestion I would make is that it could use a crunchy topping of some sort, maybe crumbled butter crackers or french fried onions, to give it a bit more texture.
- 3 cups brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (14 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In greased 9x11 baking dish, spread rice and then add cubed chicken evenly over the top.
- Saute garlic and onion in small amount of oil.
- Mix mayo, artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, spinach, and onion/garlic and mix well. Spread evenly over chicken/rice layer.
- Cover with foil and cook 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and casserole is heated trhough.