Recipe by L'Tisha
Adapted from "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever". Yum, my favorite dip and easy to make. Great for atkins diet if eaten with veggies & no chips!
Top Review by Dawn #8
EXCELLENT! This has now become a new potluck favourite! I followed another suggestion by making a ring of salsa on top, and I omitted sour cream altogether. Absolutely the best hot spinach dip recipe I've had!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream (use half milk, if desired)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and well drained
- 2⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- bread or tortilla chips, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, mix first 4 ingredients.
- Then add in spinach and thoroughly mix.
- Add artichokes and process until they are just chopped.
- Put this into a crock pot; smooth the top.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, until hot in the center.
- When thoroughly heated, transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle Montery Jack cheese on top.
- Serve warm with salsa and sour cream.
- You can serve with bread, tortilla chips, or veggies for dipping.
- -Best eaten like this-dip chip in spinach artichoke dip, add dab of salsa and a dab of sour cream.