I love spinach and cheese, and this version of spinach artichoke dip is easy enough for anyone to make.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed (do not drain)
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (or other mild white cheese)
- 3 ounces asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Microwave the spinach for 4-5 minutes until completly thawed but do not drain liquid.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion and garlic in oil. Stir frequently until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach, artichoke hearts, cheeses and pepper. Stir constantly until cheeses melt.
- Serve warm with raw vegetables or tortilla chips.
- To keep warm, transfer to oven safe serving dish and place in 250 degree oven until ready to serve.
Five stars for a combination of great taste and simplicity! I left out the onions (don't care for them), otherwise made as directed. So easy to make :) Topped with a little grated parmesan and served with tortilla chips - terrific - thanks for sharing your recipe!
This dish was a huge hit at my b-day party. It was the first thing that disappeared out of 6 items and people couldn't believe there was no mayo or cream cheese in it. Thank you.
I loved that there was no mayo or sour cream and it was still delicious! Lots of flavor without all the calories! Served with ranch peppercorn sun chips. Thanks! Made for Went to the Market game.