Recipe by karen
I love spinach and cheese, and this version of spinach artichoke dip is easy enough for anyone to make.
Top Review by loof
Five stars for a combination of great taste and simplicity! I left out the onions (don't care for them), otherwise made as directed. So easy to make :) Topped with a little grated parmesan and served with tortilla chips - terrific - thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed (do not drain)
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (or other mild white cheese)
- 3 ounces asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave the spinach for 4-5 minutes until completly thawed but do not drain liquid.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion and garlic in oil. Stir frequently until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach, artichoke hearts, cheeses and pepper. Stir constantly until cheeses melt.
- Serve warm with raw vegetables or tortilla chips.
- To keep warm, transfer to oven safe serving dish and place in 250 degree oven until ready to serve.