Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a clone of CPK's dip that I found. I love this stuff!
Make and share this Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, wrung out by hand, and coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces canned artichoke bottoms, drained and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup finely shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- tortilla chips or bread, for dipping
- In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and butter together over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently and stopping before the onion and garlic brown.
- Sprinkle the flour and continue cooking, stirring continuously, until the mixture turns a golden-blond color, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then, whisking continuously, slowly pour in the stock until it is smoothly incorporated.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the cream.
- Let it return to the simmer.
- Remove from the heat, add the Parmesan, lemon juice, and sugar, and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add the sour cream, spinach, artichoke bottoms, Monterey Jack cheese and Tabasco sauce, and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately, accompanied by tortilla chips or bread.