This is a clone of CPK's dip that I found. I love this stuff!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup onion, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, wrung out by hand, and coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces canned artichoke bottoms, drained and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup finely shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- tortilla chips or bread, for dipping
- 1In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and butter together over medium heat.
- 2When the butter has melted, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Stir in the garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently and stopping before the onion and garlic brown.
- 4Sprinkle the flour and continue cooking, stirring continuously, until the mixture turns a golden-blond color, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Then, whisking continuously, slowly pour in the stock until it is smoothly incorporated.
- 6When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the cream.
- 7Let it return to the simmer.
- 8Remove from the heat, add the Parmesan, lemon juice, and sugar, and stir until thoroughly blended.
- 9Add the sour cream, spinach, artichoke bottoms, Monterey Jack cheese and Tabasco sauce, and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese has melted.
- 10Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately, accompanied by tortilla chips or bread.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Artichoke Dip
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.8
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 370.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 13.4 g