Recipe by Julie Tremmel
Found this in a TOH magazine. This is a recipe that I enjoy because of the nice balance of flavors but also because it doesn't have mayo. Easy to throw together and is great with warm baguette slices.
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
I wouldn't normally make this, because it's soooooo sinful, but superbowl Sunday is a no diet day around here. My dad loves Applebee's Spinach Artichoke Dip and this sounded very ideal. Didn't disappoint at all! A little too hot for mom to eat, but that's ok...had plenty of other stuff for her. Made it along with some terrific chili and no bake cookies. Thanks so much!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 14 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave spinach according to package directions, drain and squeeze dry; set aside.
- In medium size bowl microwave onion and butter 2-3 minutes until tender.
- In large mixing bowl blend cream cheese and heavy cream until smooth. Fold in the spinach, artichoke, onion, montery jack, mozzerella, swiss, cayenne and black pepper.
- Transfer dip to a 9 inch microwave safe pie dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Microwave for 4-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with crackers, sliced baguette or tortilla chips.