Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is so quick to put together, and it always disappears just as quickly! I use a whole wheat baguette when I can get it, but white works just as well. This is also nice with a bit of olive oil drizzled over. I modified this recipe from one I found on another site.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped small
- 1 plum tomato, chopped small
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped small
- 5 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 loaf french whole wheat baguette
- garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- salt, to taste (optional)
- pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Slice bread on a diagonal about 1/3" thick and place on a large cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine artichoke hearts, cheese, onion, spinach, tomato, and mayonnaise.
- Spread the artichoke mixture evenly on the baguette slices.
- Sprinkle on garlic, pepper, and salt if desired.
- Place in oven and broil for about 2 minutes, or until artichoke mixture is melted and lightly browned.